Welcome to Northwest Hills
Residents of Northwest Hills enjoy the luxury of being just minutes from downtown. The expansive yards and winding roads of Northwest Hills are adorned with trees and rolling hills. In addition, the Northwest Hills school system is recognized for its excellent achievements, making the area a top pick for families.
Real estate in Northwest Hills is ultra-luxe. Single-family homes come in a variety of architectural styles, including midcentury modern, ranch-style, villas, and even a few condominiums and townhomes. In addition, many properties in Northwest Hills provide breathtaking views of the Texas Hill Country.
What to Love
Lush landscapeUpscale neighborhoodExcellent schoolsLuxury propertiesSafe suburbNear downtown Austin
People & Lifestyle
Perched upon a hill, Northwest Hills is a scenic and peaceful neighborhood. Families, singles, and professionals alike reside in this safe community. Although Northwest Hills offers a suburban vibe, downtown Austin is just a quick ride away. Therefore, many residents of Northwest Hills have short commutes to work and fast access to events and nightlife in the city.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
Northwest Hills is a bustling area filled with a plethora of entertainment options. Many residents live active lifestyles and take advantage of the miles of green terrain nearby. Therefore, hiking, biking, and visiting city parks have become local pastimes. In addition, Northwest Hills has plenty of access to high-end shopping venues and upscale eateries. Some area favorites include , , and
Things to Do in Northwest Hills
Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly activity or solo night out, here are some of the best things to do and see around Northwest Hills:
- . Mount Bonnell is one of Northwest Hills’ most prized possessions. This natural park offers breathtaking views of the city and water. Be sure to trek up the hill to enjoy this popular sightseeing destination.
- . Great Hills Country Club is a favorite in Austin and the surrounding communities. Many residents of Northwest Hills come to the Great Hills Country club not only to enjoy a round of golf, but also to swim, play tennis, exercise, and dine in.
- . Over 200 acres of land comprise the Bright Leaf Preserve. Here, visitors are able to relax and hike through nature. If it’s your first time out in the woods or you’d like a buddy to hike with, the Bright Leaf Preserve offers guided hikes every weekend. Be sure to check out additional events on the preserve’s webpage.
- . Explore Texas on horseback. Horseback riding is a wonderful way to get outside and enjoy the natural wonder of the land. Near Northwest Hills, Maverick Horseback Riding offers a calendar of special events and horseback rides open to the community.
- . This movie theater is unlike any other. Stop by to enjoy a variety of showings—both new releases and old-time favorites—along with a delicious treat. Whether you’re in the mood for a decadent cocktail, traditional popcorn, or a towering burger, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Village has plenty of unique menu items to choose from
The schools in Northwest Hills place incredible importance on student learning. Students of the Northwest Hills area are provided the resources they need in order to succeed and have exceptional educational experiences. With high academic achievement and a variety of extracurricular activities to participate in, the Northwest Hills schools foster student growth in and out of the classroom.
- Doss Elementary School: Grades PK-5, Public
- Hill Elementary School: Grades PK-5, Public
- Murchison Middle School: Grades 6-8, Public
- Anderson High School: Grades 9-12, Public
- Magellan International School: Grades PK-8, Private
- St. Theresa’s Catholic School: Grades PK-8, Private
- Austin Montessori School: Grades PK-9, Private