Welcome to Westlake 8W
Westlake (8W) is a coveted Texas neighborhood near the state’s capital city. Just minutes from downtown, the Westlake community has complete access to the vibrant arts and cultural scene of Austin. Plus, the community is known for its access to nature’s most beautiful creations. Westlake is full of green spaces, rivers, city parks, and more.
Since nature is such a prevalent element of Westlake, many of the area’s homes include magnificent waterfront properties and private, tree-lined yards. The real estate in Westlake is highly valuable. In this community, yards are impeccably maintained and homes are equipped with the hottest new amenities and design trends.
What to Love
Proximity to downtownVariety of architectural stylesNationally recognized schoolsLuxury real estateWaterfront entertainmentDelicious eateries
People & Lifestyle
Westlake is a welcoming community filled with affluent homeowners. Residents of the area live in single-family homes and condominiums that have short commute times to downtown offices. In addition, students of the Westlake area have access to the nation’s top-rated schools. Families, singles, and couples all enjoy the calm and safe streets of Westlake.
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
From musical performances to art walks, sporting events to shopping centers, there’s always something to do around Westlake. This community is full of luxury shops and eateries. Some neighborhood favorites include , , and . These restaurants feature unparalleled patio dining experiences, quality ingredients, and tons of menu options including paleo, Whole30, and vegetarian cuisine. Plus, each meal can be paired with a delicious glass of fine wine.
, a new casual boutique hotel, provides a plethora of amenities in one beautiful and convenient location. An escape from the urban vibe, The Wayback provides fresh air and tranquility in the Texas Hill Country. Its brunch and appetizer menus are crowd favorites, and its extensive list of coffee and wine choices make for perfect daytime treats.
Things to Do in Westlake
Whether you’re searching for a great bite to eat, a date night activity, or a day out with your family and guests, here are some of the top things to do and see in Westlake Outside 360:
- . Explore the Austin Zoo for a day out with friends or family. The zoo has many exhibits, both permanent and rotating, that will fill you and your guests with excitement. Be sure to keep an eye on the Austin Zoo’s special events calendar for plenty of activities all year long.
- . The Westlake area is home to many waterfalls, including Sculpture Falls and Twin Falls located at . Visit the park for a day of hiking, swimming, and admiring the gorgeous views.
- . This restaurant serves up some of the best in Texas and is known for its meaty ribs and lean brisket. In addition to delicious cuisine, each dining experience includes spectacular views of Westlake.
- . This waterfront park is a Westlake favorite. Community members flock to the area to enjoy the water via fishing, boating, swimming, and water sports. There’s plenty to do on land, too. Whether you’d like to play a round of beach volleyball, relax with a picnic, or bird watch, Commons Ford Metropolitan Park is the place to be.
- . Families and community members enjoy all the amenities at Lost Creek Country Club. Whether you’re in the mood for a round of golf, a splash in the pool, or a delicious meal out, the Lost Creek Country Club has something for everyone. Be sure to check out their events calendar for even more fun activities.
The neighborhood of Westlake helps to make up the independent school system of Eanes, which is ranked the #1 district in Texas. Here, student needs are supported and progress is encouraged during each year of academic growth. In addition, students have the option to participate in a variety of after-school activities and sports.
- Valley View Elementary: Grades K-5, Public
- Forest Trail Elementary: Grades K-5, Public
- Barton Hills Elementary: Grades K-5, Public
- Westridge Middle School: Grades 6-8, Public
- Westlake High School: Grades 9-12, Public
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School: Grades K-12, Private
- St. Gabriel’s Catholic School: Grades K-8, Private
- St. Michael’s Catholic School: Grades K-12, Private